Table of contents
Skyrock.com API allows an application to interact with most features proposed by Skyrock.com: blogs, profiles, messaging, "what's new", friends and activities.
The API is publicly available for reading and requires an OAuth 1.0a authentication for methods with restricted access. The list of methods is available in the technical documentation of Skyrock.com API.
The address of this documentation is as follows : http://www.skyrock.com/developer/documentation/.
The API uses the HTTP protocol and incorporates some principles of REST architectures. Queries are used with GET for reading and with POST for writing.
Responses are available in JSON or XML.
POST parameters must be encoded in UTF-8.
Access to the API methods is made via a naming convention in the URL:
Call in JSON : https://api.skyrock.com/v2/user/get.json?username=lequipe-skyrock
Call in XML : https://api.skyrock.com/v2/user/get.xml?username=lequipe-skyrock
To use the API from a mobile terminal, you must use the domain api.skyrock.mobi for all the API queries.
Call in JSON : https://api.skyrock.mobi/v2/user/get.json?username=lequipe-skyrock
Call in XML : https://api.skyrock.mobi/v2/user/get.xml?username=lequipe-skyrock
The open protocol OAuth is used to authenticate the application and provide the access permissions to the API.
OAuth is a protocol that enables web, mobile and desktop applications to access remote services via the API. And without requiring users to state their identity (username / password).
Skyrock.com now supports version 1.0a of the OAuth protocol.
The service "Skyrock Connect" can have an authentication feature by offering a one-click connection to users Skyrock. The OAuth protocol is used via oauth/authenticate method. This method is used in place of oauth / authorize the OAuth authorization process. To use "Skyrock Connect" service, the application must send the temporary tokens as parameters to the method oauth / authenticate.
Here are the various case for oauth / authenticate method :
- If the user is already logged on skyrock.com and has already accepted the application, the user is immediately authenticated and redirected to the callback URL.
- If the user is not logged on skyrock.com and has already accepted the application, the login page Skyrock will be proposed to the user. After connecting, he will be immediately authenticated and redirected to the callback URL.
- If the user is already logged on skyrock.com and has not accepted the application, the application page of acceptance of the application will be proposed to the user. Upon acceptance, he will be immediately authenticated and redirected to the callback URL.
- If the user is not logged on skyrock.com and has not accepted the application, the Skyrock login page will be proposed to the user. After connecting, the page request acceptance of the application will be proposed. Upon acceptance, the user will be immediately authenticated and redirected to the callback URL.
A list of OAuth libraries. Feel free to contact us to report a working library.
These libraries are known to work with Skyrock.com OAuth API.
- [PHP] PECL OAuth: http://pecl.php.net/package/oauth
- [PHP] Zend Framework / Zend OAuth: http://framework.zend.com/
- [PHP] Symfony / sfOauthPlugin: http://www.symfony-project.org/
- [PHP] OAuth-php: http://code.google.com/p/oauth/
- [PHP] OAuthSimple: https://github.com/jrconlin/oauthsimple
- [Python] Python-OAuth: http://code.google.com/p/oauth/
- [Python] Python-OAuth2: https://github.com/simplegeo/python-oauth2
Other untested OAuth 1.0a libraries should work : http://oauth.net/code/
These Skyrock.com libraries are contributed by members of the community:
- [PHP] HybridAuth, open source social sign on php library (Plugins and Addons available for Wordpress, Drupal, Elgg, CodeIgniter, CakePHP): http://hybridauth.sourceforge.net/
- [PHP - Symfony] sfMelodyPlugin: Easy connection between other service supports OAuth: https://github.com/chok/sfMelodyPlugin
- [PHP - Zend Framework] Sauth: A Social authentication library for Zend Framework. https://github.com/nnixaa/sauth
- [PHP - Wordpress] WordPress Social Login, Skyrock connect on Wordpress http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-social-login/
- [PHP - Guzzle] Guzzle is a PHP HTTP client & framework for building RESTful web service clients. http://guzzlephp.org/
- [PHP] Skyrock OAuth API Library by Cédric Boverie: http://code.google.com/p/skyrock-api-class/
- [nodejs] Everyauth integration by Rodolphe Stoclin: https://github.com/bnoguchi/everyauth
- [nodejs] connect-auth: Authentication middleware for connect. https://github.com/ciaranj/connect-auth
- [Python] Django Social Auth is an easy to setup social authentication/authorization mechanism for Django projects: https://github.com/omab/django-social-auth
- [Java/Android] scribe: OAuth made so easy your grandma can do it! https://github.com/fernandezpablo85/scribe-java
- [ios/Obj-C] DDSocialNetworkClient is a handy library that makes access to social networking on iPhone/iPad: https://github.com/ddeville/DDSocialClient